After nearly 20 years of being in business for myself and working with countless clients who have re-invented themselves into successful engines, I wanted to share my most basic tip that has a powerful impact.
Regardless of whether you’re in corporate and wanting to climb the executive ladder or your an entrepreneur who is wanting to increase profit margins, what most women are missing is that who they are being is more important than what they are doing.
Some people have called this a woman’s “X Factor”, “Super Power” or “Value Proposititon”, regardless of what you call it getting clarity on who you are is what increases your value so that others want to work with you. People are buying YOU, not “it”. Which means you have to know your value!
It doesn’t matter what the industry, what the service, OR what the product… behind It all are people.
who you are matters.
Here are the top 3 critical factors people who’ve mastered this and are successful in their industry do:
1) They’ve discovered their “X Factor” or “Super Power” approach to their service or product.
2) They’re clear on why they are the expert and why they are doing it.
3) They’ve clearly identified the main problems or concerns clients are experiencing and they’re tailoring the business to meet those problems and concerns.
Here are a couple of simple starter tips to help you discover your VALUE and align WHO YOU ARE WITH WHAT YOU DO:
1) Take 5 short minutes and brainstorm all the ways your client or colleagues lives are impacted by the work you do with them. Try to come up with a list of 30.
2) Take 5 short minutes and brainstorm the negative impact or cost to your client or colleague by not getting the help that they need, that only you provide.
3) Take 3 minutes and brainstorm the specific industry related benefits that your clients or colleagues receive from you specifically. Due to your knowledge, life experiences, accumulation of training courses, books you’ve read related to your industry, and skills you.’ve acquired.
Once you’ve looked at the specific qualities that you bring to your work, begin to identify a specific approach. One that you take with your clients that is different from others. This is one of the key ways to turn your value into a thriving conglomerate desired by those who need you.
download the case study & discover if you're doing the 2 rituals successful people do everyday